spectacularly: (Default)
[personal profile] spectacularly
I don't think I've ever had so much reading.

And it's interesting, it really is, but so much of it is stuff that's totally unrelated to astronomy, and so that makes it harder to push through. I'm finding myself on campus even when I don't have classes, nursing a coffee in one hand and a highlighter in the other, trying to make sense of some seriously advanced physics.

I wonder if I'm cut out for this, sometimes, and I'm pulling back and rubbing my temples when I spot a familiar face in the distance. When I'd last seen her I'd had my arm in a cast. I'd say it's completely healed by now, but sometimes it still aches when it rains. "Hey, Jenny, right?" I offer with a smile, deciding her presence is as good an excuse to take a break as any other.

Date: 2014-09-30 02:14 am (UTC)
notverywise: (Default)
From: [personal profile] notverywise
Jenny doesn't really know many other students at Barton. It isn't as if she's somehow opposed to it, or doesn't like them; she just has never really felt very much like one of them, and doesn't mind that. Honestly, she has a feeling the same would have been true no matter where she went to school, here or Oxford, though it certainly doesn't help that she's one of few non-Darrow natives in her classes here. It's more about the opportunity to get a degree than to be social.

So she isn't expecting to hear her name after class, glancing over instinctively at the sound of it, then realizing she's met the girl she was about to walk past. "Yes," she says, smiling. "And you're Aimee?"

Date: 2014-10-09 09:30 pm (UTC)
notverywise: (Default)
From: [personal profile] notverywise
"It's alright," Jenny says, setting her bag under the chair before taking a seat across from Aimee. It isn't as if she's in a hurry to get anywhere, and though she may not know her well, she'd liked the other girl the first time they met. Given how small her social circle here tends to be, it's hard not to think it might be a good idea to change that. "It's funny. During the summer, I start to feel like I'll go mad with boredom. Then when school starts again, I miss having all that free time."

Profile

spectacularly: (Default)
Aimee Finecky

April 2024

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
2122 2324252627
282930    

Style Credit

Page generated Sep. 6th, 2026 02:42 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Page Summary